Wood Purchasing Policy
Klabin S.A., a company in the pulp and paper segment, manages its operations based on its Sustainability Policy and on the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) principles and criteria.
When it is necessary to purchase non-certified wood, Klabin follows the orientation of the same norms applied to controlled wood and does its best to avoid acquiring wood or wood fiber in the following category:
- Wood from illegal exploitation.
- Wood resulting from exploitation practices that violate civil and traditional rights.
- Wood from forests in which the high conservation value is threatened by management activities.
- Wood from forests that have been converted into farming or designed for uses other than forestry.
- Wood from forests where genetically modified trees are grown.
July of 2010